Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Buying Manager will be responsible for the continuing development of the Company’s buying strategy, in addition to managing, supporting and motivating the Buying team.
As well as building strong professional relationships with our suppliers and agents, they will work closely with both the Quality and Marketing Departments to facilitate the smooth launch of new and replacement products into our range.
International travel to suppliers and trade shows is an intrinsic part of this role.
The ideal candidate will already have significant experience working in a product buying role. They will also need:
• Proven experience of identifying new and innovative products and bringing them to market.
• Experience of negotiating prices, shipment/payment terms and exclusivity contracts with suppliers.
• Knowledge of UK, European and Worldwide regulations relevant to our product ranges.
• A proven record of delivering commercial results.
• The ability to manage and motivate a team of Buyers and administrators.
• Ideally experience in the garage and workshop industry.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to project a calm and professional image to senior executives and business owners.
• Experience of analysing and reporting market research for new/existing products.
• A flexible approach to working hours and confidence travelling overseas.
• A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• The ability to work autonomously without direct supervision.
Any applications for the above position must be in writing, accompanied by a full CV and sent to Jane Logan.